Oral hygiene extends beyond brushing your teeth daily and flossing regularly. There are other techniques that you may not have heard of, but that are necessary to keep a clean, healthy mouth. Here are a few tips to maintain good health for your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Clean Your Dental Devices Often: If you clean your mouth daily, you should avoid putting unclean devices into your mouth. Austin Invisalign Dentistry professionals advise that you clean the devices that are put into your mouth regularly. People who wear Invisalign aligners should clean and disinfect these devices at least once a month to maintain cleanliness.
- Drink a Lot of Water: Drinking water keeps your body hydrated and flushes out the toxins in your mouth. This activity gets rid of the residual plaque and food particles that have not been removed by brushing. Natural saliva does much of this work, but you can drink more water to rinse out the mouth.
- Get Professional Teeth Cleaning Done: At least once a year, get professional teeth cleaning done by Austin Preventative Dentistry providers. They will look for early signs of tooth decay and suggest fillings or other methods to repair the teeth. Their main job is to clean your teeth, removing plaque, debris and bacteria that have settled in for long periods of time.
- Be Careful of the Foods You Eat: Maintaining healthy teeth depends partly on the foods and drinks you consume. Avoid sticky foods where the particles could stick into small crevices in your teeth. Do not consume foods that are high in sugar and could increase the rate of tooth decay. If you wear an orthodontics device, Austin Invisalign Dentistry providers suggest that you remove the aligners before eating.
- Buy Quality Dental Products: Invest in high-quality dental products that are effective and long lasting. These include toothpastes, toothbrushes, mouthwashes and at-home teeth whitening products. To regular consumers, all products seem the same, but to dentists, some brands work better than others. Avoid buying the cheapest items to save money, and review the labels carefully before buying.
Toothbar has unique office designs and services that take the stress out of going to the dentist. This Austin Dental Center is your main source for teeth cleaning, whitening and straightening in Austin, TX. We provide all of the necessary treatments in addition to providing you with Austin Cosmetic Dentistry options. Our Austin Cosmetic Dentistry services include bonding, straightening and whitening along with veneer installations. If you want to start with good, clean teeth, schedule an appointment with one of our Austin Preventative Dentistry providers.