Austin’s #1 Rated Teeth Whitening Service
Teeth whitening has almost become a necessary step in the grooming process. Everyone wants a bright and vibrant smile, something to be proud of as you connect with people and share the very best version of yourself.
Can teeth whitening really have a big impact on your life? If you’ve never done it before, you’ve probably never experienced the positive attention and preferential treatment that comes with being able to present something so white and vibrant as your smile. Read on to discover how Toothbar’s teeth whitening service in Austin can help you improve your health, your relationships, and your life!
- Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
- How Can I Maintain My White Smile?
- Whiten Your Teeth in Downtown Austin
What Are The Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- Tooth whitening enhances your overall appearance: You may have healthy teeth and a straight smile, but you are not immune to the effects that environmental damage and staining can do on your pearly whites. Coffee, tea, soda, and wine can do damage to the outer layers of enamel, robbing you of your luminous glow. Whitening your teeth removes some of the outer layers of staining that occur due to our consumption of food and drink. You’ll appear brighter and more attractive just by flashing a great smile!
- Tooth whitening boosts your self-confidence: With all of this added attention directed your way, you’re bound to get a little boost in the self-esteem department as well. Whether you’re on a date, giving a big presentation at work, or simply walking down the street, you’ll look and feel like a million bucks.
- Tooth whitening minimizes the appearance of wrinkles: Nothing says youth and strength more than a set of white, bright healthy teeth. In fact, so much attention will be drawn to your killer smile that it takes away from other areas of your face that may be starting to show the miles. A gleaming smile takes off a few miles!
- Tooth whitening will make you more attractive: People are drawn to engaging and vibrant smiles; it is a biological indicator of approachability and responsiveness. People will be drawn to you as a result of your new and improved smile; use this to your advantage as you fill up your social calendar with all sorts of engagements.
- Tooth whitening does not damage your teeth!: Austin teeth whitening service and our talented teeth whitening dentists Austin will uncover your most vibrant and healthy smile without damaging those precious teeth.
Is Teeth Whitening safe?
Professional Tooth whitening does not damage your teeth.
Can I Whiten My Teeth Too Much?
One thing that concerns a lot of people is that they think Whitening their Teeth can damage their Teeth. The truth is that it’s scientifically proven that you can’t whiten your teeth too much.
However, a possible side-effect is a temporary increase in sensitivity. That effect is related to the process of Dehydration that comes with Teeth Whitening.
Essentially, when you are Whitening your teeth, you are actually dehydrating the tooth in order to allow the Hydrogen Peroxide or Carbamide to enter the tooth structure to achieve that “white” effect. That 1-2 day Dehydration is the actual reason for the sensitivity, and it’s recommended to let your tooth naturally rehydrate by not whitening your teeth further.
How Can I Maintain My White Smile?
The best way to keep your smile as white as possible is important to follow up regular Austin Dental Spa teeth whitening sessions as well as regular Preventive Dentistry sessions.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
These days, there are many at-home options for teeth whitening, and your local drugstore likely has an array of options for DIY whitening, including gels, trays, and more. These kits are often cheaper than in-office whitening treatments, so why should you choose professional whitening over doing it yourself?
First, at-home whitening kits are often much less effective than in-office whitening. These kits have much lower concentrations of hydrogen peroxide than our team will use, which means you will likely not achieve the same shade of white at home as from a professional treatment.
In addition, most at-home kits require regular use – usually twice a day for a week or longer – to see results. You might need to repeat the treatment sooner and more frequently than you would need to make an appointment at Toothbar. It is also possible to over-treat your teeth at home, and you cannot immediately reverse the results. This can result in having unnaturally white teeth, which can cause more anxiety than having discolored or yellow teeth.
Tooth whitening treatments work best on clean teeth that are free from tartar and plaque. When you whiten your teeth at home, you might be unaware that your teeth are not in optimal whitening condition. On the other hand, our team will make sure that your teeth are primed for the maximum whitening results possible.
Some people might purchase toothpaste, gum, or mouthwash that advertises itself as “whitening.” These products offer very minimal and temporary whitening and should not be compared to professional whitening services.
Overall, you can spend time and money on at-home products, but know that you will not get the same results or longevity as a whitening service from our team. We can whiten your teeth in one visit with maintenance far down the road, so you do not have to spend time each day dedicated to DIY whitening.
If you have any additional questions about at-home whitening versus professional whitening, feel free to give our office a call to speak with a member of our cosmetic dentistry team!
Are You a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
The good news is that many people are strong candidates for getting whiter teeth with Toothbar! If you have healthy gums and teeth, you are likely good to go for a whitening treatment. You will start with a consultation, and our professionals will thoroughly examine your oral health.
Whitening treatments can cause pain for some people with gum disease or tooth decay, so our dentists can address these issues first before we get to the whitening. Additionally, the following conditions can mean that professional whitening might not be the best course of action:
- Hypersensitivity of gums or teeth – If you have hypersensitivity, the potency of a professional whitening might cause discomfort. We can look for alternative treatments to in-office whitening, including bleach trays we can send home with you that are not as concentrated as a one-time whitening.
- Tooth transparency – Some people have teeth that get transparent as they age, especially in the thinner front teeth. This might affect your candidacy for professional whitening, and our team can evaluate your tooth transparency.
Aside from the above conditions, certain types of stains and discoloration might not be treatable with professional teeth whitening. These include deep, intractable, and intrinsic stains that can resist even strong professional bleaching concentrations.
If you have stains that are not good candidates for whitening that you want to address, we can discuss other cosmetic options. These might include crowns, bonding, or dental veneers.
Even if you are not a prime candidate for our professional whitening service, we can identify which cosmetic dentistry services will be most effective for you to achieve the bright, white smile you have always wanted.
Whiter Teeth Can Improve Your Confidence
You can have healthy teeth that are discolored, but tooth health does not mean you are happy with your smile. Having white teeth with no stains can be a huge boost to your self-esteem, as you can smile widely and openly without ever worrying about people noticing tooth discoloration.
Having whiter teeth helps you relax and show your positive emotions without hesitation, smiling and laughing your way throughout the day. Every time you smile, it increases your endorphin and serotonin levels in your brain, which can help with your overall happiness levels and mood.
Not only can whiter teeth improve your confidence from within, but they can improve others’ reactions to you. People naturally make snap – and often unjustified – judgments about others, and your teeth can be a big part of that. You can make a better impression and instill confidence in others if you are displaying a healthy, white smile with no reservations.
Whether it is right or not, research shows that other people believe you are more attractive and capable when you have whiter teeth. This can lead to a better personal life, job opportunities, and more. Who knew that a whitening treatment could accomplish all of this in your life?!
Start the Process
If all of this sounds great to you, and you believe you will benefit from a professional whitening treatment, start by contacting Toothbar directly! Our office is conveniently located in Austin, and we can schedule your appointment right away. We can consult with you and discuss your goals for your smile, as well as the possible solutions we offer so you can reach those goals.
Once it’s time for a professional whitening, we will explain the process to you and prep your teeth, making sure they are free from plaque and tartar that might stand in the way of your whitening results. We do everything we can so you can experience optimal results from the treatment.
If you’re ready to have a whiter, brighter smile that makes you more confident and improves your life, why would you wait to set up your appointment? Our team is friendly and open, and we will be honest about the treatments that are best for you and your smile.
What Is the Best Teeth Whitening Option for Me?
Toothbar’s teeth whitening Austin will make sure you get the healthy smile you desire with none of the uncomfortable sensitivity or side effects that you might get with over-the-counter tooth whitening methods. Our process is safe, effective, and affordable so that you can enhance your life in virtually every single way. If you want a better quality of life and a brighter healthier outlook starting with your beautiful smile, look no further.
Contact Us Today
Toothbar’s wonderful tooth whitening services will get you the look and feel that you want regarding your smile. Say cheese!