Dental pain and discomfort is the leading cause of dental visits. The WHO estimates that over three billion people suffer from oral diseases worldwide. Out of these, the larger population is adults. Periodontal diseases have not only health implications but social and financial implications. In some states, it expensive to schedule a dental visit. The average cost of visiting a dentist ranges from $50 to $250. However, at Austin Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer a wide range of flexible paying schedules and discounts.
What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a human-made cap that encompasses or covers a damaged tooth. Dental crowns are made either from porcelain, metals, or porcelain fused metals. Out of the three, porcelain is preferred due to its strength and durability. The reason why dentists install a dental crown is to restore the tooth size and shape. However, if proper precautionary measures are not considered, it could lead to dental crown pain.
What are the causes of Dental Crown Pain?
- Cavities and Tooth Decay: Placement of dental crowns on teeth that show signs of dental caries may cause dental crown pain. Over time, the small black speck will develop into a cavity that damages the nerves. Pain arising from tooth decay is only corrected by removing the tooth or through a root canal. We at Austin Preventative Dentistry center advocate that you frequently floss and brush at least twice per day to prevent tooth decay.
- Infection: When bacteria infect a tooth, one presents with pain, inflammation, redness, and pus production. Dental crown tends to exacerbate pain associated with tooth infection as it presses down on the already damaged nerve. At Austin Cosmetic Dentistry, tooth infections are a thing of the past. Our dentist at Austin Preventative Dentistry recommends using antibacterial mouthwash to prevent tooth infection.
- Recessed and Sore gums: Pain may emancipate from sore gums after a dental crown procedure. However, the discomfort should not be a cause of alarm as the ache is expected to reduce in two weeks. Additionally, dental crown pain could be due to a recessed gum line. A recessed gum line triggers gum diseases like gingivitis and facilitates plaque accumulation.
- Erroneous Dental Crown Installation: Dental crowns with improper fit tend to press on the tooth nerve, causing pain. When seeking dental services, search for tooth bar Austin Cosmetic for patient-centered dental services. Our team of experts are ready to ensure customer satisfaction and value for your money.
- Dental Crown Fracture: Bruxism is a medical condition characterized by frequent grinding of one’s teeth, especially at night. Bruxism, trauma, or an old dental crown can cause fracture. Dental crown fracture is painful, especially if it involves either a tooth or exposes the nerves. A fractured tooth presents with pain, tooth sensitivity, and discomfort.
If you are experiencing any dental crown pain or have dental issues, contact Austin Cosmetic Dentistry on 123-456-7890. Our dentists are available for any question regarding dental crown pain. Therefore, schedule an appointment today to manage any dental issues you or your loved one might have.